Color Trends 2016
If in the previous part of the year ‘Spring-Summer 2016’ the color trends were inspired by the world of art and design, with a unisex palette paying homage to the beauty of natural resources, in the second part of the year we will have a change to some more typical fall shades led by the blue family.
As per Pantone Color Institute, this is the list of the top ten colors for men’s and women’s fashion for Fall 2016
- BLUE RIVERSIDE This new blue is a cool and calming color representing stability, vibrancy, and sophistication.
- AIRY BLUE is a shade of blue evoking precision and freedom. You can pair Airy Blue with Lush Meadow, Taupe or Dusty Cedar to obtain a more energetic palette.
- SHARKSKIN GRAY it’s a color connection to the blue family, but pair-able with almost any fall color, bright or muted
- AURORA RED is a color that was added as a contrast to the collection, it’s a sensual and impactful bold red to create dynamism and energy.
- WARM TAUPE is a neutral color to be associated with every color of the palette. Suggest stability and reassurance, it’s a timeless color.
- DUSTY CEDAR is a fall and winter version of the pinks that were used in the spring It exudes warmth and welcome.
- LUSH MEADOW brings to mind fresh botanicals and foliage, it’s a vibrant, elegant and sophisticated shade of green.
- SPICY MUSTARD is an exotic addition to the palette. It’s unexpected and unusual, it adds a piquant feel to the whole collection.
- POTTER’S CLAY has an added degree of sophistication and layering. It is an orange undertone that conveys a neutral earth feeling.
- BODACIOUS is an unexpected and versatile color speaking to gender fluidity. It turns accents into fashion statements.
the color of the year is a calming and relaxing